Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Post Worthyness and Self Empowerment

So I made a New Years resolution over a year ago, not to post any status updates on Facebook. At first it was hard to hold back things I wanted to share, or things I thought people might find interesting. I did however continue to interact with people on facebook by commenting on other peoples posts, etc, but I didn't share, or post on my own wall, other than the odd profile picture or cover photo change. No opinions ;)

So as trivial as it may seem to make a silly resolution as NOT posting may be, it's a lot harder than you might think, but more importantly, I wanted to know.... could I actually do it?

It was an interesting to see how it affected me, or the people around me. One thing I noticed, when I did get to see people in person, they would actually ask me how I was doing, or what I was up to etc... I guess they didn't know everything about my life any more, and why would they unless I told them. This part I enjoyed. So the longer I went without posting anything on facebook, the more I didn't want to break the streak. So, I stuck to it, and a whole year passed, and I did it.

When January 2015 came around, I thought I could finally post something again, but I couldn't find anything I deemed "post worthy" for my first post in over a year. I mean, if I was going to rejoin the facebook world, it better be good.

Then last night, I came across this video by Anthony Robbins, about making REAL new years resolutions, and empowering people to be the people they want to become, and sticking to a vision of what you have of yourself. It's a brilliant and beautiful video everyone should and MUST watch. I cannot understand how this video doesn't have 50 Million views, but everything he says is true.

Be the person you believe you are, not the person you want to be. Challenge yourself and follow that image you create for yourself, of yourself. You can do anything you want, whether you choose to cycle to San Diego on a bicycle, or do something as trivial as refraining from posting on facebook for a year, It doesn't matter what it is, you just have to believe you can, and do it.

No comments: