Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year, new bands, new website....

I haven't been posting a whole lot lately, and a lot has changed since the beginning of 2016.

As most people will tend to agree, 2016 was a bit of a chaotic year. We heard about many celebrity deaths, a new President of the USA among other things. But one particularly sad announcement hit a little bit closer to home for me. 

In early 2016, Gord Downie, the lead singer of The Tragically Hip, announced he has terminal brain cancer. This was a  devastating shock to not only me, but to the legions of fans all across Canada. As a result, my tribute band called The Hip Show has been getting many inquiries for performances across the country. It is an honor to be able to pay tribute to this amazing iconic canadian band, and now the privilege takes on a whole new meaning.

In the meantime, I have started another tribute band with my good friend Joe called Fo Fighters. With both bands firing on all cylindars, I have regretfully had to shut down my original band Souls In Stereo.

Looks like 2017 is going to be a very full and entertaining year, and I cannot wait to get in front of people all over the country, playing music I absolutely love playing.

Also, stay tuned for a new website!

BRING ON 2017!


No comments: