Sunday, October 15, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 8

Wilmington to Shallotte

I this was my favorite day so far. I started a little bit late cause I didn't get back to my hotel till about 1am last night and I refuse to use an alarm clock in holidays. I left at about 10:30am after I downloaded my maps and planned my day as best I could. This should ideally be done the night before.

I no longer and fighting head wind and the weather was so nice and the temperature has finally cooled a little. Still warm but not sweltering. I still have issues with my left hand.

I blindly followed my cycle route, without ever realizing I there was another ferry to catch. I had to wait for 45 minutes for the next ferry, and the ferry ride was a half an hour long. I missed a ferry by 2 minutes. If I was paying attention, I probably would have made it. It was a nice surprise I suppose cause the ride was so beautiful.

I stopped in Shallotte which doesn't have much here but it was already 5pm and the next town would have been another 45 minutes and I just didn't have it I'm me to keep going.




No comments: