Sunday, October 15, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 6 & 7

Jacksonville, NC to Wilmington

Today was a good day. The wind was finally at my back for the most of the way. It started out a little dicey cause Jacksonville is a bit of a dive city but the bike route took me off the no 17 hwy a few times, making the scenery a little nicer to look at, but the route was a little longer than expected. I think this was my second longest day at 112km.

As soon as I arrived, even before I went to check into a hotel, I stopped at this really cool watering hole in the heart of downtown Wilmington and had a beer. They were nice enough to let me take my bike inside and I sat at the bat still sweating while I guzzled it down. I don't think I have ever had a beer within minutes of getting off my bike. I like this town a lot.

Day 7

Day off. Wilmington is a very beautiful city. The buildings are old, and have a lot of character. I decided to spend a day resting and seeing if my hand gets any better. I booked movie at 1:15pm and a massage at 4:0pm. Went to a comedy show and watched a fantastic band playing at the bourbon pub. I really like the vibe here. 


No comments: