Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 10

Myrtle Beach to Georgetown, SC

The ride today was really nice. It as a little short cause there is nothing between Georgetown u Charleston, which is 130km away. I have to make that a full day tomorrow. 

Along the way, I met a local cyclist named Tim, who was kind enough to ask me where I was heading  today. We rode together for about half an hour and chatted about riding various areas, how to get there and what not. It was nice because he took to me to a river with turtles and alligators. I actually got to see a gator, as well as many turtles, who I fed my raisins and nuts to. I hate raisins, but they are in my trail mix. Yuk.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Also, a little dangerous. I’ve been worrying about this leg since I decided to go off the ACA bike route. Hwy 17 is a narrow highway and the shoulder is next to none. I rode a part of it today, with extreme discomfort. 

I have found some off highway roads I’m going to take, which is why the ride is going to be so much longer. Please don’t let me become a stat. 

On the surface, Georgetown appears to be a sleepy town, but I discovered a boardwalk in behind all the restaurants, I had no idea even existed. You can’t see it from the road, but it sure makes the town. All the life is behind the brick. 

No comments: