Monday, October 9, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 2

Elizabeth City to Kill Devil Hills

Today was fine I cycled a bit further tha yesterday - 96km. It was still very flat, and had a lot of head wind. It was in my face all day. There was a small section that I had to backtrack, and it was soooo much easier and though for a moment about how nice that was - until I felt the relentless heat. For the first time I appreciated the head wind cause at least if kept me a tad cooler. The temperature is "28 but feels like 39" according to my weather app. And to think I'm heading further south. Wasn't October supposed to be cool?

Kitty Hawk is nice. It starts to look a bit the same-ish cause the scenery doesn't change much. The food is good, the people are super nice. 

Tomorrow I am heading all the way down the outer banks to orcacoke. I was originally planning to stop in Hatteras, but I was advised not to, and to carry on a bit further and catch the first ferry out. There's only 3 ferries leaving the outer banks. 7:30 1:00 and 6:00pm. If I don't catch then first one out I am stuck for hours. 


No comments: