Thursday, October 12, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 4

Ocracoke to Beaufort

I caught the first ferry at 7:30am from Ocracoke. The ferry is 2 1/2 hours to Cedar Island. While this was my shortest cycling day (60km) it was by far the most difficult for me. I've been having issues with my left wrist going numb.

I have pain in my wrist all the time, and my fingers tingle constantly, making me very uncomfortable.   It began yesterday, but today was significantly worse. It is also unbeaten hot. Hot hot hot.

I have been taking long breaks, and when I arrived in Beaufort I immediately went to a bike shop to see what I can do differently to resolve this nagging problem. I was advised by Steve at Beaufrot cycle to make adjustments to my bike to get me more upright.

I adjusted my saddle by moving it forward, tilted my handlebars up higher, and lowered my seat post an inch. If these changes don't help, I'm not sure I can keep this going.


No comments: