Thursday, October 12, 2017

Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour - Day 5

Beaufort to Jacksonville, NC

Best. Day. Ever.

The adjustments to my bike must have made a difference. I still woke up with numbness in my hand, but at least today it didn't get any worse, and actually may have improved a little bit.

The first few miles were a little dicey trying to avoid big trucks, road shrapnel and curbs. Thankfully, I left the highway and towards Emerald Isle. Wow, it is nice much nicer ride. Wide roads, quiet and beautiful. I stopped for pictures, and enjoyed the whole Island. My hand still has issues, but it wasn't consuming me. I am really happy about that.

Once I left Emerald Isle, I was back on the sketchy highway, but not for too long. I found a bike route through the back roads of farm country.  This was also very enjoyable ride.

The weather has cooled - possible from a mild occasional drizzle which was just fine for me.

It was a good day, and I feel like I can keep going. Whew.


No comments: